Facial Slimming Treatments in Olney
Buccal fat removal and similar facial slimming procedures are a trending topic that increasingly more people are interested in.
Despite this, not everyone wants to undergo invasive surgical treatments. So, what can be done instead to reduce unflattering fullness and create an attractive V-shape appearance?
Here Are the Top Six Non-Invasive or Minimally Invasive Options for Facial Slimming and Rejuvenation
There are many ways to enhance certain features and slim down other features without going under the knife.
- Masseter Botox: Botulinum toxin injections are a popular way to slim the jawline. When injected into the masseter muscle, Botox blocks the release of a neurotransmitter known as acetylcholine and temporarily disables muscle activity. This has other benefits as well, such as treating jaw tension and pain, relieving headaches, stopping teeth grinding, contouring and slimming a square jaw.
- Dermal fillers: While soft tissue fillers can’t reduce volume, they can add balance through the addition of volume in other areas of the face, making desired areas appear more prominent and undesired areas less prominent. Good examples of this are cheek filler, lip filler, and even jaw filler. Many of these injectables use hyaluronic acid, however biostimulators like Radiesse can be used to stimulate collagen production and firm your skin for a healthier, tighter appearance.
- FaceTite: Unlike Botox and fillers, FaceTite doesn’t involve any injectables. Instead, it uses minimally invasive radiofrequency-assisted liposuction (RFAL) to both suction out excess fat and tighten skin tissues. It is the most popular alternative to buccal fat removal, yielding similar results without being as invasive. As an added bonus, FaceTite reduces fine lines and wrinkles, extra fat, and skin laxity in the jowls, cheeks, nasolabial folds, beneath the chin, and even the forehead.
- Kybella: A double chin can affect any shape or size, which can make it particularly frustrating to eliminate. If you otherwise have defined features that are being held back by submental fat, Kybella is the way to go. This is an injectable procedure that uses deoxycholic acid to destroy fat cells beneath your chin, resulting in a slimmer, tighter appearance.
- PDO threads: PDO thread lifts are another procedure that don’t necessarily remove excess fat and skin but rather repositions problem areas and counteracts a bulky appearance. Polydioxanone threads, a type of biodegradable sutures, are inserted beneath the skin to manually lift it for a more flattering, youthful look. This is especially beneficial if you struggle with sagging skin like jowls, which can make your features look less defined and fuller than they really are.
Ultherapy: Ultherapy is a completely non-invasive treatment that uses tried-and-true ultrasound energy to tight, lift, and slim your jawline, as well as the neck, brow, and décolleté.
It stimulates and supports collagen regeneration to further soften fine lines and wrinkles, offering a complete remodel of the skin and face shape.
Why Choose Facial Slimming Treatments?
Non-surgical facial slimming procedures offer reduced downtime, easy healing, impressive yet natural looking results, and even lower costs compared to facelifts or buccal fat removal.
Can Buccal Fat Removal Alternatives Be Used on All Skin Types / Skin Tones?
All of the aforementioned procedures can be safely used on all skin types and colors. If you have concerns relating to this, talk with your provider and make sure that they have plenty of experience with treating patients with similar skin tones and types as you.
What Do Facial Slimming Treatments Feel Like?
All of these treatments are well tolerated and not very painful. For example, if you use an injectable technique like Botox or Kybella, then you will likely only feel a brief pinching or stinging sensation when the needle enters.
Your provider will likely use an anesthetic, either topical or local, on the treated area to ensure that you feel little to no pain. If you have a low pain tolerance, be sure to mention it to your practitioner beforehand so they can make you as comfortable as possible.
When Will I See Facial Slimming Treatment Results?
How quickly you see results from your chosen facial slimming technique will depend on the method used. Many dermal filler and PDO thread treatments produce instant results, whereas Botox can take up to 14 days to see the full results.
FaceTite, Ultherapy, and Kybella take longer, and you will see improvement over the course of weeks or months.
How Long Do Facial Slimming Treatment Results Last?
Kybella and FaceTite are the only permanent solutions for facial slimming because they completely remove fat instead of shrinking fat cells or simply counteracting it.
Botox, PDO thread lifts, dermal fillers, and Ultherapy all require maintenance. You and your provider will determine how frequently you should receive follow-up sessions.
How Many Times Can You Get, and How Many Treatments Are Needed for Sensational Results?
PDO threads and FaceTite only need to be performed one time to yield gorgeous results. When it comes to Ultherapy and Kybella, a series of treatments customized to you are advised to get the most out of your facial slimming procedure. For anti-aging injectables like dermal fillers or Botox, you’ll likely need follow-up visits every four to six months.
How Long Does Treatment Take?
Most, if not all, of these procedures can be completed in an hour or less. If you’re not sure how much time you should dedicate to treatment, simply ask your provider and plan accordingly. It’s recommended not to schedule on a particularly busy day. You should also avoid booking your session within a couple days of an upcoming event, because you may experience swelling and other minor symptoms.
How Long Is the Recovery After Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation?
Many of these treatments do not require lengthy downtime or healing periods. Depending on how invasive your procedure is, you may be asked to take a day or two off from work, but this usually isn’t necessary.
Aftercare tends to be simple as well, so follow your practitioner’s easy pre-treatment and post-op guidelines.
Are There Side Effects From Any of These Options?
Because these are non-surgical alternatives to popular surgeries, the side effects and potential for complications are greatly reduced.
Swelling, bruising, redness, inflammation, and tenderness at the treated areas are common side effects. These are all typically mild and temporary. As always, consult with your provider to learn more about side effects, complications, and risks versus rewards of a procedure.
Am I a Good Candidate for Facial Slimming Treatments?
The general rule for any cosmetic procedure is that you should be a healthy adult with realistic goals and expectations in order to be considered a candidate.
Each facial slimming treatment has its own unique limitations and requirements for candidates, which is another reason why you should have a consultation to find out which one is best suited for you.
Where Is the Best Place to Go for Facial Slimming Treatments in Olney?
Estar MedSpa and Innovative Health Center is the leading provider for these safe and effective non-surgical services, helping you to look and feel your best with a slimmer, more defined face shape! To make it even better, we even offer cosmetic specials for exclusive savings on many procedures we offer.
Contact us today at 301-917-3870 to schedule your consultation and find out which facial slimming procedure is right for you!